Date:      Sat, 28 Sep 1996 05:25:17 +0930 (CST)
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        eka@werty.wasantara.net.id (Eka Kelana), freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need Advice

In article <199609271559.WAA00883@werty.wasantara.net.id> you wrote:
: Hi...

 Gday!

:   I'm a new comer in Unix Programming and still in an effort to figure out
: the Unix system. I'm especially interested in the internal structure, design
: and  implementation of BSD Socket (including the TCP/IP) in Unix kernel. I
: currently use FreeBSD to learn the Socket and TCP/IP code. But unfortunately
: I do not have any books to which I can  refer to understand the code. Is
: there anybody here who can help me to find such books? Please, if you
: suggest me to use a book, tell me the title, the author, price and a brief
: description of the book's contents and also tell me how I could get the book.

 The Design and Implementation of the 4.4 BSD Operating System by
 Marshal Kirk McKusick and friends would be the definative on
 the BSD'ish type kernel/sockets/etc.

 Should be able to get it at http://www.amazon.com/

 Peter

--