Date:      Thu, 2 Jan 2003 00:12:41 +0100
From:      Alex <freebsd@akruijff.dds.nl>
To:        Hugo Saro <h_saro@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: error installing apache

Dear/Beste Hugo,

> FreeBSD 4.6.2-release

> i had previously installed apache from a .tar.gz,
> removed the directories with rm -rf before trying to
> install from the ports collection, since make
> uninstall gave me some error too. I know this wasn't a
> good method for uninstalling.. now while trying to
> install from ports i get:

===>>  Patching for apache-2.0.39_6
===>>  Applying FreeBSD patches for apache-2.0.39_6
> Ignoring previously applied (or reversed) patch.
> 3 out of 3 hunks ignored--saving rejects to
> Makefile.in.rej
>>> Patch patch-Makefile.in failed to apply cleanly.
> *** Error code 1

> any ideias?

Did you clean the ports up after installing? If you didn't you can
clean up *all* ports and try again.

# cd /usr/ports
# make clean

You can also uninstall a port/package with pkg_delete. With
pkg_info you could find the package name you have to enter.

--
Best regards/Met vriendelijke groet,
Alex