Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 2000 12:52:21 -0400
From:      "Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>
To:        Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD mobile <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 4.1-RELEASE pccard?

Thomas David Rivers stated:
: >
: > Hmmm.  There have been a couple of commits to -stable/-current to the
: > ed driver since 4.1-RELEASE.  There's a small chance that this card
: > needed additional support to get its interrupts working properly.

I would go ahead and try using the GENERIC kernel for 4.1.1-R as a
Q&D test.

: > I'd double check the BIOS just to make sure there isn't a PnP device
: > that wasn't enabled in 3.4 but that is now enabled.  OK, so it's a
: > longshot.
:
:  Well - nothing has changed since this morning when it was running 3.4-RELEASE
: (almost nothing, I've turned off/on PNP-OS with no discernable difference.)

PNP-OS needs to be off, whether discernible or not.  I think that you
really need to have PNPBIOS enabled to see some of this.

: >            Oh, the unknown driver now doesn't report anything but
: > failures unless you've done a boot verbose.  Maybe that might be a
: > clue on how to proceed.
:
:  Hmm...
:
:  It would be nice to be able to enable a boot -v; but I seem to be
:  in the throws of the new boot manager.
:
:  I can't enable/disable things from the "ok" prompt (I can do an
:  ls on the file system, which is nice) - perhaps this is the GENERIC
:  kernel that got installed?

ok set boot_verbose
ok boot