Date:      Mon, 03 Mar 2003 20:00:33 +0900
From:      Tetsurou Okazaki <okazaki@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Tetsurou Okazaki <okazaki@FreeBSD.org>, Palle Girgensohn <girgen@pingpong.net>, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: problem with FreeBSD ant port?

At Mon, 3 Mar 2003 09:04:42 +0100,
Ernst de Haan wrote:

> > > Well, if the bootclasspath (or sysclasspath or so) doesn't work, then I
> > > will patch the ant shell script. Perhaps I should patch the script
> > > anyway.
> >
> > How about to add includeAntRuntim="no" to the <javac> task in the
> > build.xml?
>
> Are you sure you understand the problem and the involved architecture? We're
> discussing the FreeBSD-specific Ant shell script installed by the
> devel/jakarta-ant port. If you do understand, please explain your
> suggestion to me, because then I don't :-)

My suggestion is for Palle :-), to add includeAntRuntime="no" to the <javac> task
in the build.xml of the postgresql-jdbc port.

The <javac> task composes a classpath to build sources and passes it to
the compiler.  In the default, this classpath includes a classpath explicitly
specified by elements or attributes of <javac> such as `classpath' or
`classpathref', and a classpath of Ant which is specified by the `ant' script.

If you don't want to add later to the compile-time classpath of <javac>
implicitly, use includeAntRuntime="no" or includeJavaRuntime="no" in
the <javac> task.

BTW: URL of the Ant project was moved to http://ant.apache.org/.

--
Tetsurou