Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 2002 14:10:15 +0930
From:      Brian Astill <bastill@sa.apana.org.au>
To:        Kenneth Culver <culverk@yumyumyum.org>, RJ45 <rj45@slacknet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Athlon and clock walking forward

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002 00:43, Kenneth Culver wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I remember I had a big problem with AMD Athlon and FreeBSD which made the
> > computer clock run forward as crazy. I solved the problem installing
> > NetBSD.

> I have an athlon, as do several of my friends, and none of us ever had
> this "clock running forward problem"

Then perhaps you would tell the rest of us how you avoided this problem which
is so common for the rest of us?
It is associated with a "microuptime going backwards" error message repeated
a dozen times per second and the system clock going forward at an alarming
rate.
On reboot, time is OK, so the hardware clock is not affected.

I ask again. How did you and your friends avoid this problem?

--
Regards,
Brian