Date:      Fri, 17 Oct 2003 18:48:30 +1000
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        www@freebsd.org
Subject:   [trevor@jpj.net: Southern California Linux Expo]

This one could be for the events calendar too. Yes it is Linux, but
there is a FreeBSD stable. Tent. Table. Whatever... The call is
yours.

----- Forwarded message from Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net> -----

Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 03:37:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
Subject: Southern California Linux Expo

Last year, Eric Melville, Gordon Tetlow, Kris Kennaway and I I came to
this conference.  A space was provided for us, complete with tables,
chairs, electricity, and a connection to the Internet.  The FreeBSD Mall
provided some CD-ROMs, DVDs, catalogs and stickers which we gave away.
We brought some computers running FreeBSD.  It was a good opportunity to
hobnob with the Linux (and Open Darwin) folks and with each other.  We got
free admission to the exhibit area and had time to look at the other
exhibitors.

Well, there will be another SCALE this year, on November 22nd at the Los
Angeles Convention Center, and we have been offered a space again.

I'm hoping some other FreeBSD committers, or aficionados, would again like
to populate our tables.  If you need a place to stay while you're in the
area, I probably have the use of the guest room in the very modest--okay,
run-down--house where I'm staying now.  If you're interested, please let
me know (I have to tell the organizers beforehand the names of those who
will be there).  The exhibit floor will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00
p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.  If you can't be there the whole time,
that should be fine.

If we had some CD-ROMs or other FreeBSD-related goodies to give away
again, that would be great too.  Last year, we gave away everything that
Eric brought from the FreeBSD Mall (courtesy of Murray Stokely), except
for some catalogs, as well as a few CD-Rs that we made on the spot.

Another thing that would be nice to have would be a booth.  Last year, I
asked a FreeBSD-related company about borrowing its booth, but the
arrangements fell through.  Now I have a small truck, so I could pick one
up in the Southern California area, if it isn't too big.

The SCALE home page is at <URL:http://www.socallinuxexpo.com/>.

If you think you might like to attend, it would help if you could give a
brief description of anything you'd like to present, because I'm supposed
to turn in an abstract of what we'll be doing.
--
Trevor Johnson

----- End forwarded message -----

--