Date:      06 Apr 2003 17:36:26 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Piero <piero@poprostu.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: port update: net/gnugadu

--=-kjrOrrtok2VcTkCnaCzK

On Sun, 2003-04-06 at 17:53, Piero wrote:

>=20
> > * defined(WITH_GNOME): USE_GNOME=3Dyes is obsolete.  Never=20
>=20
>=20
> > use this.  You should roll this section up under the=20
>=20
>=20
> > libpanel thing.  Once you have libpanel, you have just=20
>=20
>=20
> > about everything that's GNOME anyway.  That is, you have=20
>=20
>=20
> > the GNOME 1 desktop
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> The thing is, you can with no problem use the port without Gnome1
>=20
>=20
> installed, I was using it for a while on Fluxbox and now I use it=20
>=20
>=20
> on Gnome2. So I wouldn't like to depend this all on the libpanel.

Do a make package-depends on x11/libpanel.  There are very few other
GNOME components you could have.   If you want to conditionalize an
applet version, that's okay.  Just be sure to not set USE_GNOME=3Dyes.=20
Find out exactly what the port requires, and list out the components in
USE_GNOME.

>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> > * port-patch: Don't use Perl here.  You want to define
>=20
>=20
> > USE_REINPLACE=3Dyes, then use ${REINPLACE_CMD} to do your regexp
>=20
>=20
> > substitutions
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I was considering it. I kept this, as it was in the old version.=20
>=20
>=20
> Yeah, I know perl is being kicked out of the base system. I will
>=20
>=20
> also verify whether this patches are still needed.

Perl is gone from the base system in -CURRENT.  If you want this port to
build on -CURRENT, you will have to switch to REINPLACE.

Joe

>=20
--=20

--=-kjrOrrtok2VcTkCnaCzK