Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2000 11:06:24 +1030 (CST)
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@altavista.net>, bwoods2@uswest.net, Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.org>, Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>, Alex Zepeda <jazepeda@pacbell.net>
Subject:   Re: kdelibs port broken?

On 27-Feb-00 Chuck Robey wrote:
>  Some stuff, like tclsh, could have a default link, say from tclsh to
>  tclsh8.2, or allow a user to set that.  That could be a local option, but
>  it's icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned.  The only real thing I
>  would be after is the ability to stick the config file locations in the
>  places that the original developers (and the configuration scripts they
>  build with) expect them to be.  Anything done as far as executeable names,
>  I don't really care too much about.

There are only a few libraries that have a config file to aid
compiling/linking. Of the ones we 'version' (GTK and GLIB) you can set the
GLIB/GTK_CONFIG env. var to tell apps where to find it.

I don't think its possible for tcl since it looks in a given path for a
config file instead of looking for a config file in the path.

---
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum