Date:      Mon, 08 Apr 1996 07:44:23 -0500
From:      John Perry <perry@vishnu.alias.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Need Help with Sony CD drive

Hello Everyone,

	I just installed a Sony CDU76S CD drive that included a
Adaptec 1515 SCSI controller card. I'm running FreeBSD 2.1.0-RELEASE
on a Pentium 120 with 32M of RAM. The card shows up on the aic0
controller. I'm using the cd0 device selection in the kernel config
file. I can mount the FreeBSD CDrom using mount_cd9660 without any
problem. (That's what I got it for). But whenever I try to play an
audio CD using any of the audio CD player apps (cdplay, cdplayer, xcd,
xcdplayer, etc.) it doesn't work. For instance, when I try cdplayer, I
get an error message. Here is a sample run:

vishnu:perry {105} cdplayer
CD>play 1 2
cdplayer: Invalid argument

	I can then run dmesg and the following error message is in the
log:

cd0(aic0:3:0): ILLEGAL REQUEST asc:26,0 Invalid field in parameter list

	Does anyone know what these errors mean? Can someone help me
with this problem? I have a SCSI CD drive on my machine at work that
uses the ahc0 kernel driver and the cd0 device and I don't have this
problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 John Perry - KG5RG - perry@vishnu.alias.net -  PGP-encrypted e-mail welcome!
 WWW - http://www.alias.net
 PGP 2.62 key for perry@vishnu.alias.net is on the keyservers.