Date:      Fri, 03 May 2002 02:48:32 +0200
From:      Tom Fischer <tfischer@rain.fr>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Michael Ross <satare@optusnet.com.au>
Subject:   Re: USB ADSL modem a no-no?

Hi,

I second Bob's statement- I'm using an Alcatel Speedtouch USB ADSL modem
on 4.5-STABLE with the pppoa port.  This works with no problems.

Getting this to work on -current is another story, unfortunately...

best regards,

tom

tfischer@rain.fr

Bob Bishop wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At 07:43 +1000 3/5/02, Michael Ross wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm looking at getting a USB ADSL modem to make the move
>>away from dialup.. wanting to know if they
>>
>>* work with the current stable?
>>* are they actually any good?
>

> I'm not sure about generic support, but I'm using an Alcatel USB ADSL modem
> on -stable and it works just fine.
>

> --
> Bob Bishop              (0118) 977 4017  international code +44 118
> rb@gid.co.uk        fax (0118) 989 4254

Thomas Fischer
Equant
CS&N/NSSM/GNMC EMEA/SAS/SANT - Systems Applications & Network Tools
112, avenue Charles de Gaulle - 92522 Neuilly sur Seine - France
Tel: +33 1 46 41 90 10                    tfischer@rain.fr
Fax: +33 1 46 41 14 19            thomas.c.fischer@equant.com