Date:      Thu, 06 Jan 2000 10:24:21 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        robgar <robgar@mindspring.net>
Cc:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.0 code freeze scheduled for Jan 15th

> There are many people who use freebsd in the real world that have been counti
ng
> on 4.0 including support for ipsec and ipv6, ipsec more importantly. We would
> be willing to wait an additional couple of months for this functionality, ple

Sadly, you've picked a particular bit of technology that we've been
waiting more than a year for.  If I had any assurance that a couple of
months would make a difference for KAME, I might even contemplate that
as a strong option, but they don't work to those kinds of schedules.
Based on past experience, it could easily be another year before the
KAME group is ready with everything you're asking for.  Should we wait
a year?  Clearly not, and we have to make our schedules independently
of the long-term project groups or we'll never release anything.

- Jordan