Date:      Sun, 17 Jun 2018 17:52:31 +0200
From:      Michael Grimm <trashcan@ellael.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ed@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: syslogd became silent between 11.2-PRERELEASE r334874 and r335282

On 17. Jun 2018, at 16:27, Michael Grimm <trashcan@ellael.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>=20
> I am running service jails (VNET/bridge/epair) and a host at =
11.2-PRERELEASE r335282, upgraded from r334874 today.
>=20
> All syslog messages at each jail become forwarded to syslogd running =
at the host. This setup worked for years. Today not a single syslog =
message becomes forwarded to the host's syslogd.

I do believe that this commit might be the cause:=20
=
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/stable/11/usr.sbin/syslogd/Makefile?revisi=
on=3D335059&view=3Dmarkup&sortby=3Dfile

But I do have to admit, that I do not understand what changed and what =
would cause my syslogd become silenced, though.

Any hints?