Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 95 19:19:50 -0800
From:      Bakul Shah <bakul@netcom.com>
To:        Dave Cornejo <dave@dogwood.com>
Cc:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard), richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HotJava

> 2) The job is non-trivial.  He was rather vague, but mumbled something
> about possibly needing kernel support.

I suspect this may have to do with on-the-fly code
generation from the byte-code.  Non-trivial as well as
kernel support.  Anyway, as far as kernel support is
concerned, it shouldn't be a problem on a free OS, right?:-)

I must say I am not sold on Java yet.  Scheme remains my
favorite prototyping language.  Once you learn to exploit
features like creating functions (closures) on the fly and
functional composition, O-O languages look rather anemic and
under powered.