Date:      Tue, 19 Aug 2003 16:39:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Joseph Davida <jd10008@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Linux Emulation on FreeBSD 4.8

On 4.8-20030810-STABLE, with
linux_base-8-8.0_1

When I run Linux Netscape 7.1, I get the
following messages on the console:

linux: 'ipc' typ=258 not implemented

Also, when I run Linux OpenOffice,  I get many
instances of the following messages on the console:

linux: syscall mmap2 is obsoleted or not implemented
(pid=610)

linux: syscall madvise is obsoleted or not implemented
(pid=610)

The madvise scrolling message was taken care of by
commenting out line 230 of
/usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.1/program/soffice
# ${sd_prog}/pagein -L${sd_prog} ${sd_pagein_args}

A developer from openoffice gave me that info.

Are these syscalls not implemented in Linux kernel
2.4.x?

Cheers,

Joe