Date:      Sat, 14 Apr 2001 15:25:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mikhail Kruk <meshko@cs.brandeis.edu>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: security/openssh and BigNumber

> > I might be wrong here, but I think that BigNumber library is part of
> > openssh package on Linux... it doesn't seem to be so on FreeBSD.
> > Actually I couldn't find any port containing full bignumber install (i.e.
> > with man pages). I've installed pgp5 and it came with the libbn.so, but no
> > man pages... what's up?
>
> My best guess about what this might be is the bignum code which is
> part of libcrypto (OpenSSL), which is in the base system.  It's not
> the same thing which pgp5 uses, and I can't say for sure what Linux
> tries to do.

Oh, you are right, it is part of the
base system:
/usr/src/crypto/openssl/crypto/bn

It the library I was talking about, but I still want to use it
and miss the man pages :) I've always been under impression that FreeBSD's
man pages are way better than Pinguin's (can you say Linux's?). It seems
that Linux man page for bn is not Linux-specific but rather generic
OpenSSL. Can we include it?