Date:      Sat, 30 Jun 2018 20:12:16 +0200
From:      Anders Andersson <pipatron@gmail.com>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Issues with FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE Release Notes

Hi! I just received the FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE Release Notes
(https://www.freebsd.org/releases/11.2R/relnotes.html) and noticed two
issues with the "Trademark" preamble:

> IBM, AIX, OS/2, PowerPC, PS/2, S/390, and ThinkPad are trademarks of Inte=
rnational Business Machines Corporation in the United States, other countri=
es, or both.

ThinkPad is not a trademark of IBM.

>Many of the designations used by manufacturers and sellers to distinguish =
their products are claimed as trademarks. Where those designations appear i=
n this document, and the FreeBSD Project was aware of the trademark claim, =
the designations have been followed by the =E2=80=9C=E2=84=A2=E2=80=9D or t=
he =E2=80=9C=C2=AE=E2=80=9D symbol.

I'm not sure if this is actually followed in the rest of the
documentation, but =C2=AE and =E2=84=A2 are really only supposed to be used=
 by the
owner of those trademarks - they are the ones to claim the ownership.
AFAIK, the only special handling given to a trademark is to treat it
like a proper name, so "I installed Windows" instead of "I installed
windows".

IANAL but I suggest that you remove pretty much everything of that
legal preamble, perhaps only saving "FreeBSD is a registered trademark
of the FreeBSD Foundation.".

Kind regards,
Anders