Date:      Sat, 10 May 1997 14:17:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kevin Eliuk <cagey@kevin.sunshine.net>
To:        Paul Missman <missmanp@milo.cfw.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fw: Freebsd - It works, thanks.

On Sat, 10 May 1997, Paul Missman wrote:

> ----
>From: Paul Missman <missmanp@milo.cfw.com>
>To: cagey@kevin.sunshine.net; data@ds9.abac.com; djls@gate.net
>Date: Saturday, May 10, 1997 2:54 PM
>Subject: Freebsd - It works, thanks.

I'm curious, do not all emailers give the option of use Reply To:
I know Eudora does. :-)

>I got freebsd up and running on the same disk, though in a different
>partition, as the one I'm running Win95 on.  The problems I had were as
>follows:
>1. I exited the installation process before it copied the binaries.
>2. I hadn't marked the freebsd partition as bootable.  Perhaps instructions
>under novice installation need to be added here, with reassurance that this
>won't cause Win95 to become non-bootable.
>3. Other than that, installation was pretty easy (even though I had to
>upload it all at 14.4k).
>Thanks to everyone,

Glad it was so painless, with regards 95, ... };-) I just received
another AOL free `format-able' disk compliments of the other guys whom
protect my MBR. I was thinking of turning it into a FreeBSD install
floppy, rewrapping and returning to sender :-)

>Paul Missman
>P.S.  One question - does anyone know when ppp for COM4 might be added?
>Else, I will have to disable my COM1 and move my modem.

I think you should be initiated into being referred to the handbook:

lynx /usr/share/doc/handbook/handbook_toc.html section 5.3.7

PS Glad to have you aboard :-)
	If I hadn't asked	|  \    kevin_eliuk@sunshine.net     /  |
      the questions I asked,  	|    \	     Kevin G. Eliuk        /    |
     I wouldn't be answering	|    /^\_________________________/^\    |
   the questions I'm answering. |  /    		             \  |