Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 2014 16:26:05 +0200
From:      Mark Tinka <mark.tinka@seacom.mu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
Subject:   Re: freebsd-update - 10.0 to 10.1

--nextPart1778692.xilG9ZyYhE

On Monday, November 17, 2014 04:05:22 PM Jerry wrote:

> I received the same message. I decided to go ahead and do
> a complete rebuild of the ports. The message also stated
> that I should run "freebsd-update install" after
> rebuilding the ports. I assume I do that before
> rebooting the machine. Is that correct? I am also
> assuming that I should rebuild the ports BEFORE
> rebooting. I hope so. Because that is what I am doing
> and there was no message that stated I should reboot
> first.

When upgrading between major versions, yes, you certainly=20
need to rebuild all userland ports before doing the second=20
reboot, otherwise all hell will break loose when libraries=20
for the major version are incompatibile with userland ports=20
built with a library from a previous major version.

My issue is I've never had to do this when upgrading minor=20
revisions within the same release train.

So I'll go ahead and ignore the message and let you all know=20
what happens.

Mark.