Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2002 03:28:37 +0800
From:      "Derek Barrett" <derekbarrett@graffiti.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        thomas.may@x9media.com
Subject:   Re: unsupported glibc library on freebsd !

Thomas,

You need to make sure you have Linux binary compatibility
mode turned on. If you are running a program and it is
complaining about not finding a specific version of your GLIBC, just
go to a latest Linux installation and copy it over to
FreeBSD. According to Red Hat, the GLIBCs are backwards
compatible, so the latest library "should" do the trick.

Here is the FreeBSD docs that will tell you how to
manually install Linux compat mode and required runtime libraries:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/linuxemu-lbc-install.html