Date:      Mon, 10 Aug 1998 16:01:56 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        "Pierre Y. Dampure" <pierre.dampure@k2c.co.uk>, FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Failing to build Modula-3 port under SMP-current

At 6:33 PM +0100 8/10/98, Pierre Y. Dampure wrote:
> A few months ago, I posted reports of problems encountered while
> building the Modula-3 port under SMP-current (the port built perfectly
> OK on a non-SMP kernel, but quake aborted while building the libarries).
> John Polstra and John Dyson both got involved and I ended up trying the
> various SMP patches John Dyson released at the time -- to no avail.
>
> The situation is still the same today (I just retried a build on an
> SMP-current CVSup'd yesterday). I'm more than willing to help, but will
> require a few directions as to what to look for.
>
> I didn't post a PR for this one, maybe it's time I did...

I noticed this too, with some snap I tried in July, and then again
after I did a 'make world' to current as of August 1st or so.  The
first time I figured it was something I had hosed up (and besides, I
didn't save the error message from modula-3), but when it happened
again in August I did file a PR for it.

I believe it's PR = ports/7468

Other than this one problem with building modula-3, the SMP kernel
I have has worked fine for everything else I've done on the machine.
As to modula-3, I just reboot into a single-CPU kernel to make it
and cvsup, and the results also seem to work OK.

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn           =   gad@eclipse.its.rpi.edu
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute