Date:      Sat, 19 Dec 1998 18:52:01 -0500
From:      Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   -current flash ATA pccard

I aquired one of those compact flash pccard adapters recently, and as
far as I can tell, this won't won't work on -current because the wd
driver needs to be updated to make itself available to the pccard
subsystem.  I was just about to start on this, but I want to make sure
I'm not wasting my time.  As best as I've been able to tell from
searching the mailing list archives, these are the questions I have:

  Does 3.0 already support the use of PCCARD ATA "drives"?  I see
  a message or two that seems to imply this is the case, but I have
  been unable to get it to work, and I don't see any support for
  it in the source code.

  Is somebody already working on this?
  199708080747.QAA06025@afs.ntc.mita.keio.ac.jp contains a message
  from Tatsumi Hosokawa that a patch is available on ftp.freebsd.org.
  This patch has disappeared, and I can find no further mention of
  it.  I would like to at least start from there, if possible.

I am not looking for the answer, "use PAO".  I want to make it work
under standard FreeBSD 3.0, but I would like to know what the current
status is.
--
Christopher Masto        Director of Operations      NetMonger Communications
chris@netmonger.net        info@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

    "Good tools allow users to do stupid things." -- Clay Shirky