Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 2002 13:44:32 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        larse@ISI.EDU
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wep and wi_seek errors

In message: <3D595CD2.70209@isi.edu>
            Lars Eggert <larse@ISI.EDU> writes:
: Nick Sayer wrote:
: > I think I was wrong. I am running a RELENG_4_6 kernel right now in that
: > machine, and at the time, it *seemed* like the problem went away, but
: > the backups are running right now, and the card is going insane. I've
: > had to ifconfig it down just to type this. Doing so took 30 seconds, and
: > even now it occasionally freezes for a few seconds at a time.
:
: It may not be WEP. I'm seeing similar messages on Prism-based cards (w/o
: WEP). The hostap card seems to default to DS/2Mbps speed (why not 11? no
: clue) - forcing it higher (using ifconfig or wicontrol) results in these
: errors when clients associate.
:
: Is there a way to make hostap cards use DS/11Mbps? I couldn't get it
: work work either via ifconfig or via wicontrol.

No clue.  The reported speed of 2Mbps seems inconsistant with the
800kbyte/s I've gotten through my setup.

Warner