Date:      Wed, 3 Jan 2001 17:43:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      Gordon Tetlow <gordont@bluemtn.net>
To:        <nathan@vidican.com>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>, <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD + Mylex DAC960 (RAID 1) + DEC Prioris HX 6000 Server will not  recognize boot record for some reason

I can add another data point for this. We are using FreeBSD 4.0 (I'll be
upgrading them one of these days) and had this exact same problem. My
solution was to make a floppy disk and stuff it in the drive. It did the 3
phase boot loader and in the loader.rc I added set currdev=disk1s1a which
did the trick. I'm really interested in getting this working as these are
our mailservers that I'd rather not trust to having to boot from floppy
disks.

-gordon