Date:      Fri, 26 Feb 2010 14:09:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bill Tillman <btillman99@yahoo.com>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Printing via USB Port

Okay, I have the setup like you show and at least now the jobs show up in t=
he queue, but nothing makes it to the printer. It's funny because I can cha=
nge the one line in /etc/printcap to point to lpt0 instead of ulpt0 and it =
works. I have both parallel and USB cables connected in this test setup, bu=
t the server I want to move the printer back to only has USB.
Something else that seems odd, when I rebooted and started lpd from the com=
mand line there are two instances of it showing up in the ps -ax output. Sh=
ouldn't only one be running?
After reboot and restarting lpd, the job is in the queue but nothing is pri=
nting when using the USB connection. Sorry to be so much trouble. I thought=
 this would be one of those things that would just start working.