Date:      Sun, 3 Oct 2010 10:02:15 +0200
From:      David DEMELIER <demelier.david@gmail.com>
To:        Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
Cc:        four.harrisons@googlemail.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI & battery issues

2010/10/2 Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>:
> On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 4:01 PM, =C2=A0<four.harrisons@googlemail.com> wro=
te:
>> I get the same messages with the stock acpi on a Lenovo S10e. Someone on=
 the acpi list (who's name I forget) wrote a patch which removes the error.=
 If you think it might help I'll root it out and forward it on.

> I'll be happy to take a look at the patch and see if it solves my
> problem. does the patch just remove the error message or solve a
> specific problem that might be causing the issue?

>> I see
>> ACPI Exception: AE_NO_HARDWARE_RESPONSE, Returned by Handler for
>> [EmbeddedControl] (20100331/evregion-588)
>> ACPI Error (psparse-0633): Method parse/execution failed
>> [\\_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.BAT1._BST] (Node 0xc6adba60),
>> AE_NO_HARDWARE_RESPONSE
>>
>> repeatedly in dmesg
>>
>> sysctl's relating to battery information is also slow:
>> % time sysctl hw.acpi.battery.state
>> hw.acpi.battery.state: 7
>> sysctl hw.acpi.battery.state =C2=A00.00s user 2.18s system 72% cpu 3.006=
 total

>> % time sysctl hw.acpi.battery
>> hw.acpi.battery.life: -1
>> hw.acpi.battery.time: -1
>> hw.acpi.battery.state: 7
>> hw.acpi.battery.units: 1
>> hw.acpi.battery.info_expire: 5
>> sysctl hw.acpi.battery =C2=A00.00s user 6.58s system 67% cpu 9.779 total
>>
>> also note that the life and time are both negative one.
>>
>> This is on a Lenovo G530 laptop.
> --

I always heard that Lenovo/IBM has a great support for open source
systems, it seems not. Sad.

By the way, you should try to update the bios to the last version, it
may helps sometimes.

Cheers,

--=20
Demelier David