Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 2000 13:32:45 +0100 (CET)
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Doug@gorean.org
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gcc -Os optimisation broken (RELENG_4)

On 16 Mar, Doug Barton wrote:

> 	In the interests of providing another datapoint, I tried my old, boring
> P5 machine, and with -Os -march=pentium buildworld bombed trying to
> compile cc1plus in the build tools phase. Backing off to -O worked. The
> kernel was ok with -Os -march=pentium.

As it seems everyone is posting his/her C{,OPT}FLAGS:
I'm using
-Os -march=pentiumpro -pipe -Wall -funroll-loops -fschedule-insns2
since months (~ a half year ore more) without a problem (at least I
didn't notice one) on a Celeron.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
            The dark ages were caused by the Y1K problem.

http://www.Leidinger.net                  Alexander+Home @ Leidinger.net
  Key fingerprint = 7423 F3E6 3A7E B334 A9CC  B10A 1F5F 130A A638 6E7E