Date:      Sun, 11 Jul 2004 08:51:31 -0400
From:      "Gaspar Kiraly" <gaspar.kiraly@iprimus.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Firewall rules for local lan

Hello,

I have a quick question for you:

I am in the process of setting up ipfw for my server and a small LAN of =
two pcs.
The FreeBSD server is used as an internet gateway with a dial up =
connection (ppp -auto -alias demand).
My network connection is working fine, however I am getting more and =
more junk mail lately.
It looks like some sites are sniffing out my e-mail address, my pc =
configs, etc.
Hence, I'd like to setup a firewall.
I found many good examples, however they deal with a one pc (FreeBSD) =
one network card setup.
For ex: do I need to add "divert" and "bridge" to the Kernel config =
file? How do I set up different rules for for each nic?
I'd like to be able to access the FreeBSD server from my local LAN w/o =
any restrictions but I do not want the internet sites to do the same =
with my server and LAN. Would you have an example setup for this =
scenario? The FreeBSD server is also setup to provide address resolution =
for the internet.

I'd appreciate any help.

Gaspar