Date:      Mon, 23 Jul 2007 10:12:31 +1000
From:      Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
To:        Tom McLaughlin <tmclaugh@sdf.lonestar.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, yarodin@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: sudo 1.6.9 segfault

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 13:19:35 -0400
Tom McLaughlin <tmclaugh@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 2007-07-21 at 16:39 +0600, yarodin wrote:
> > Jul 21 15:12:01 home sudo:    admin : TTY=3Dunknown ; PWD=3D/home/admin=
 ;=20
> > USER=3Droot ; COMMAND=3D/sbin/ipfw
> > Jul 21 15:12:36 home kernel: pid 42226 (sudo), uid 0: exited on signal =
11
>=20
> I need a little more information.
>=20
> sudoers:
> tom             LOCAL =3D NOPASSWD: /sbin/ipfw
>=20
> [tom@releng-7-fbsd tom]$ sudo ipfw=20
> Last login: Sat Jul 21 13:09:52 on ttyp0
> usage: ipfw [options]
> do "ipfw -h" or see ipfw manpage for details
>=20
> What options are you using in the port?  What does your sudoers look
> like?  Also, I'm curious why TTY would show up as unknown in the log.
>=20
> tom
>=20

Hi,
I can reproduce the sigfault with .1.6.9., but not with 1.6.8.12.
1.6.9 does NOT sigfault when run from a shell, but it does if called from a=
 menu or launcher in XFCE. For example, i have sudo configured to allow me =
to run sudo wireshark without password.

from an shell (in Terminal, actually), sudo wireshark works fine.
=46rom the launcher or menu option which executes 'sudo wireshark' , i get a =
sigfault.

I tried to trace the call with
ktrace -f /tmp/SUDOKTRACE -d sudo wireshark

but i only get up to the loading of ld-elf ...=20

If you have any tests to suggest, let me know.

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Always do right.  This will gratify some and astonish the rest."
  Mark Twain

I speak for myself, not my employer. Contents may be hot. Slippery when wet=
. Reading disclaimers makes you go blind. Writing them is worse. You have b=
een Warned.