Date:      Wed, 23 May 2001 10:00:04 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        jim@compete.com
Cc:        David Miller <dmiller@sparks.net>, Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>, jolly@gibbon.kungfumonkey.com, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.3R and ssh problems

--==_Exmh_-1022888672P

If memory serves me right, Jim Mock wrote:

> +	  <itemizedlist>
> +	    <listitem>
> +	      <para>As a permanent fix, set
> +	    </listitem>

Hi Jim--

Comment:  One needs to edit make.conf _and then rebuild and reinstall
ssh_.  Just editing make.conf won't do it.

This behavior seems to have appeared between 4.2-RELEASE and
4.3-RELEASE.  It isn't in the release notes for 4.3-RELEASE, because the
relevent commit message only mentions the MFC of OpenSSH 2.3.0.  I'll
write up something for the errata hopefully in the next day or two, but
if someone beats me to it, that's fine.  (The copy I have been updating
is the one on the Web site.)

Cheers,

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-1022888672P