Date:      Sat, 7 Oct 2000 17:59:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        "Kenneth Mays" <kmays2000@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WU-FTPD

:I wanted to ask if there were any improvements to this code.
:Some reviews state that it is very CPU-intensive during high loads.
:Is there any better FTP server for FreeBSD 4.x or improvements to the
:default ftp server?!?
:
:Ken

    I would either use the ftpd supplied with FreeBSD, or not
    use ftpd at all... especially not wu-ftpd, which has a
    terrible history of root compromises.  This is one case where
    all those cool features in wu-ftpd are just not worth the
    potential for yet another root hack being discovered.

						-Matt