Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2001 12:54:20 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joseph Anthony <jga@wastelandranger.org>
To:        "Antoine Beaupre (LMC)" <Antoine.Beaupre@ericsson.ca>
Cc:        "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>, j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: moving to XFree86-4

Yeah, but it works great. And it you want to tune your video, use xvidtune
to generate your resolution line for XF86Config.

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Antoine Beaupre (LMC) wrote:

> Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 13:35:05 -0400
> From: "Antoine Beaupre (LMC)" <Antoine.Beaupre@ericsson.ca>
> To: Thomas T. Veldhouse <veldy@veldy.net>
> Cc: j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: moving to XFree86-4
>
> Unfortunatly, from what I can tell, -configure just creates a config
> file based on your hw configuration, and does not ask basic stuff as
> "what resolution do you want". :)
>
> I had a big pain configuring my machine to run on 800x600 instead of
> 640x480. I had to dig out my old mode lines from my old config to make
> it work. :(
>
> Ouch.
>
> I really, really, really miss XF86Setup. Really.
>
> A.
>
> Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> > There is a very good one.
> >
> > XFree86 -configure
> >
> > Must be run as root and it will create an XF86Config.new file in the cu=
rrent
> > directory.  It is an excellent starting script and I haven't seen it fa=
il
> > yet.
> >
> > Tom Veldhouse
> > veldy@veldy.net

- --=20
  .-.    _-~\      .-.      \=3D=3D/   |   Joseph Anthony
 ( O )  |\ O \    (___)     (oo)   |   http://www.wastelandranger.org
  `-'   /\\_-~     |v|       ()    |   jga@wastelandranger.org
CAMBOT! GYPSY! TOM SERVO! CROOOOW! |   ICQ #3923267