Date:      07 Nov 2002 17:15:18 +0100
From:      Adrien <ada@dokidenki.com>
To:        mvh@welkyn.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Laptop short list - and the winner is!

Hi mike,

I've got a T30, so i can confirm that it'll be a really good choice :)

I only have 2 littles problems:

- I've to wait the cisco aironet 350 _mini-pci_ driver. (doug ? ;))
- This damn "Ultra Bay +" doesn't look like to be "hot plug"...

Don't hesitate to mail me directly if you have more specific T30
questions, it'll be a pleasure to help (if i can) ;)

Have a nice day.

Le Mer 06/11/2002 =E0 19:51, Mike Harding a =E9crit :
> It looks like I'll get a IBM thinkpad T30.  I thank the list for the
> input!  There were a few things that pushed it towards the T30...
>=20
> - It's supposed to be physically robust, for lots of travel.  I have
> heard things about Dells, etc. have problems with the hinges.
> - It's has a serial port, which I occasionally need to bootstrap systems
> (even my desktop FreeBSD box when X locks up)  I would otherwise
> probably get an X series.
> - I need to do windows stuff to support some security work.  Honestly,
> the new Macs seem much nicer, even for the same money, and draw less
> power - if I didn't specifically have to support windows apps I would
> get the Mac.
> - I do some sales work with IBM, so the politics are better.
>=20
> Thanks again,
>=20
> Mike H.

--=20
Adrien Auzanneau
http://www.netbsd-fr.org/
gpg: C369 AFBB 3A95 4F89 1534 FE64 AB64 E069 6FD6 7F64