Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 14:52:13 -0500
From:      david mankins <dm@k12-nis-2.bbn.com>
To:        ulf@alameda.net
Cc:        Eric I Arnoth <earnoth@udel.edu>, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new laptop, pcmcia slots

   Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 11:08:58 -0800
   From: Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>
   To: Eric I Arnoth <earnoth@UDel.Edu>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG

   I personaly liked the Hitachi M series or now the Visionbook Plus or Pro
   series. the M and Plus have built in 10mbit/sec PCI ethernet plus modem.
   the Pro has 10/100 plus modem. No PCMCIA stuff. Hardware on the M was
   supported last time I used it with FreeBSD. Not sure what ethernet chip is
   in the Plus or Pro.

The Visionbook Pro has PCMCIA, but it's on a TI 1131 PCI to PCMCIA
CardBus bridge, which wasn't supported under Freebsd 2.2.6.

I haven't looked to see if it is supported in later versions (while
the Visionbook has built-in ethernet and built-in modem, I was hoping
to use the PCMCIA card for Wavelan wireless LAN, and could not; my
project is currently using a modified 2.2.6, and I wasn't willing to
wander too far from it).