Date:      Fri, 30 Nov 2012 15:12:48 +1030
From:      Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@ShaneWare.Biz>
To:        Jakub Lach <jakub_lach@mailplus.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: i386 vs amd64

On 29/11/2012 22:00, Jakub Lach wrote:
> If it was from me, my system is without 32bit compat
> whatsoever, and this is not default setting on amd64.
>
> Maybe on def. amd64 there are no problems, I don't
> know, nobody replied to my thread.

I have been running 9.0 amd64 for nearly 12 months, I think it was about
february that I compiled my system with clang and no 32 bit libs. With
the default install there is a small catch that the lib32 folder still
gets created even though it is empty. Ports only check the existence of
the folder to try to build 32 bit libs and therefore fail. valgrind is
an example of that.
Simply deleting the lib32 folder solves that. (pr/165175)

I vaguely recall being surprised that one of the emulators was only
32bit (may be fixed by now) I haven't had any other issues since
deleting the lib32 folder.