Date:      Tue, 15 Dec 1998 20:57:03 EST
From:      Unbday@aol.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   INSTALLING PACKAGES VIA DOS PARTITION -- EASY QUESTION

I am trying to install several software packages from my main, primary DOS
partition via /stand/sysinstall.  The directory structure for the DOS
partitition (C:) is as follows:

C:/FREEBSD   -- main directory for all the freebsd distributions, etc..
C:/FREEBSD/MAN,   .../BIN , .../DOC, etc..  -- distribution dirs
C:/FREEBSD/packages/INDEX  -- The index file for the packages

So, my question is, where do the .tgz 's for the packages?  I have
experimented with a few different locations (for example, I tried putting the
X-earth package in
C:\FREEBSD\packages\ASTRO, then just in C:\FREEBSD\packages, and so forth, not
of which has worked -- i always get the "cannot find the package on the
selected media" error.  Does anybody know where they go?  If you have the CD
please just take a spare minute to find out, I would be very grateful.

--David Alexander
Loyal FreeBSD user
MIT Class of 2003, BABY!!!