Date:      Wed, 3 Mar 1999 12:44:43 +0000
From:      Clem.Dye@wdr.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SB 16 PnP non-IDE value soundcard under FreeBSD 3.1?

Does anyone have one of the above Creative Labs soundcards running OK
under FreeBSD 3.1? I've checked the CARDS and README files under
ftp.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD/branches/-current/src/sys/i386/isa/snd
and, from what I can gather, things should be OK, but there do seem
to be some issues regarding full duplex operation due to cards made
in 1998 onwards having a revised/newer codec. All I want to do is to
be able to play audio CDs, get sounds from some of the X-based games
that are up for grabs and play sound files (WAV, SND etc.)
occasionally.

Any help/insights would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Clem Dye