Date:      Wed, 2 Sep 1998 17:34:25 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        dorseb@hol.fr
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with asmail

Hi,

> I start asmail from wharf

Okay - does your entry look something like:

	*Wharf asmail nil Swallow "asmail" asmail -geometry -1-1 &

> I use asmail that is included in the package (freeBSD version 2.2.6).
> I picked up the .asmailrc from
> /usr/X11R6/share/doc/asmail/sample.asmailrc but it still doesn't work.
> One message said that it can't load e1.xpm from the path it is
> specified.

Hmm....  the package puts the images in /usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps.
Do you have a series of e*.xpm in that directory?

> I changed the images it print on he screen one image but when I send
> a message to myselft the image is still the same.

> nb: I changed the path for the spool name.

I take it from this that it now starts but you're not getting a pixmap
change when new mail comes in.

Can you send a copy of the .asmailrc file you're using?  It's hard for me
to guess what's happening wo/ seeing it.

Brett
Brett Taylor            brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu
http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/

"There is something uncanny in the noiseless rush of the cyclist,
 as he comes into view, passes by, and disappears."
					 -   Popular Science, 1891