Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 2002 19:35:59 +0900
From:      "Akinori MUSHA" <knu@iDaemons.org>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@nagual.pp.ru>, Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>, Pete Fritchman <petef@databits.net>, Konstantin Chuguev <Konstantin.Chuguev@dante.org.uk>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org, i18n@FreeBSD.org, gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: iconv conversion: the patch [Was: iconv port: plea for take-over]

At Sun, 17 Mar 2002 18:57:59 +0200,
sobomax wrote:
> Ok, attached is the patch, which does what was agreed here some time
> ago, namely:

Thank you for the work.  Actually, I was investigating the bugs of
both BSDL iconv and GNU libiconv when I saw you committed the update.
But it's fine, since the former implementation had gone under
hibernation and the latter has less bugs anyway.

However, please note that GNU libiconv is still buggy.  It's not as
widely used and well tested as Solaris' or glibc's iconv().  The bugs
have been notified to the GNU libiconv team and hopefully they are
working on fixing them.

P.S.
I've just committed the mass PORTREVISION bumping which would help
users notify the iconv update.

--
                     /
                    /__  __            Akinori.org / MUSHA.org

"Somewhere out of a memory.. of lighted streets on quiet nights.."