Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 2003 23:57:18 +0100
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        Brian Henning <b1henning@hotmail.com>
Cc:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cons25 or vt100

Brian Henning wrote:
> here is my result.
> henninb@trinity ~> echo $TERM
> xterm
>
> i think the term should come up as vt100 not xterm.
> why does this happen?

1st: Do not toppost
2nd: There is a file, /etc/termcap, which contains almost each valid
      terminal type, vt100 as well as cons25 as well as xterm.

Maybe the read of termcap(3X) and terminfo(5) may help to get more
clearence.

Ciao
Jens

--
L     i  W     W     W  i                 Jens Rehsack
L        W     W     W