Date:      Fri, 9 Mar 2001 00:46:11 +0100 (CET)
From:      Bert Driehuis <driehuis@playbeing.org>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ABIT KT7 and temp monitoring

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Kent Stewart wrote:

> >                                          (I think that that's what's
> > causing my Intel board to act up when the ichsmb driver gets added to
> > the kernel).
>
> I also have a KT7. When you talked about the system hanging on the
> Temp and Fans message, I tried building a new release with the smbus
> stuff included. I don't see a hang but I also don't see any smb
> devices in the dmesg.

Ah, sorry for leaving out the context in this post... I'm using an Intel
CA810E, which has the Intel ICH on the motherboard. ichsmb0 is detected,
but the kernel hangs when going multiuser (so before I even get to run a
userland daemon to access data off the I2C bus).

I haven't even figure out which hardware monitoring chip is on the
board...

Cheers,

				-- Bert

--
Bert Driehuis -- driehuis@playbeing.org -- +31-20-3116119
If the only tool you've got is an axe, every problem looks like fun!