Date:      Mon, 23 Aug 1999 13:35:21 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   IPFW/DNS rules

I have a public DNS server that I need people to be able to query, but
is there anything I can do to avoid anyone doing anything 'nasty' to it.

Also, I need to open up access to it to those hosts that secondary me,
as well as those I secondary for.

(I also want to make sure that none of my internal hosts 'leak' DNS
stuff, but that they also all go through the DNS server in order to find
hosts...)

I've got some rules in place, but if someone has gotten DNS firewall
rules I'd be grateful to see them.

Thanks!

Nate