Date:      Sun, 9 Feb 2003 14:20:05 +0100
From:      Thomas Spreng <spreng@socket.ch>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   strange linux binary problem

Hi,

i have a problem running a linux binary. I have an old (running for 2 years now)
and a new freebsd server. I'm trying to run a linux gameserver (sof2) on the
new machine, but when i start the binary (./sof2ded) nothing happens, no output,
no log entries just nothing, it just hangs.
If i try it on the old fbsd machine everthing works fine.

Old machine is running:
# uname -a
FreeBSD host.domain.org 4.7-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE-p2 #13: Sat Dec  7 12:58:57 CET 2002
# pkg_info|grep linux
linux_base-7.1_2    The base set of packages needed in Linux mode
# kldstat
Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1    2 0xc0100000 1ccdd0   kernel
 2    1 0xc12df000 14000    linux.ko

the new one:
# uname -a
FreeBSD host.domain.org 4.7-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE-p4 #0: Sun Feb  9 00:34:14 CET 2003
# pkg_info|grep linux
linux_base-7.1_2    The base set of packages needed in Linux mode
# kldstat
Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1    2 0xc0100000 1ccdd0   kernel
 2    1 0xc12df000 14000    linux.ko

if have no clue why exactly the same binary is running on one system and on
the other one not. Anyone have a clue?

cheers,
	tom