Date:      Sun, 27 Jul 1997 23:35:25 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: iijppp and debug level?

> My iijppp is redialing like crazy.  I'd like to find out what types of
> packets are causing the redial, so that I can write an appropraite DFILTER
> entry.  But there is almost no documentation (that I could find) about the
> iijppp "set debug" option.  I don't even know if "set debug xxx" can tell
> me what type of packet caused the dial!  Can anyone help me out here?  If
> so please e-mail!  Thanks!

Go to http://www.awfulhak.org/ppp.html.  It X-references all of the
ppp docs I know of.

"set debug" has been deprecated - it's now "set log".  A pointer to a
version of the latest sources (that will build on any FreeBSD) is
available on the above page too.

There has always been a section on set debug/log in the man page.
You want to "set log +tcp/ip"

--
Brian <brian@awfulhak.org>, <brian@freebsd.org>
      <http://www.awfulhak.org>;