Date:      Sun, 4 Jan 2015 13:12:37 +0000
From:      "emaste (Ed Maste)" <phabric-noreply@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-toolchain@freebsd.org
Subject:   [Differential] [Commented On] D1428: readelf: Handle note types from different operating systems

emaste added a comment.

>>! In D1428#6, @rpaulo wrote:
>
> The Linux note types are Linux specific.  Are you saying that FreeBSD reuses them ?

Not quite, just that the note types are vendor-specific and in a namespace specific to the note name (vendor). `NT_PRSTATUS`, `NT_FPREGSET`, and `NT_FPREGSET` happen to have the same value on Linux and FreeBSD. We don't currently have definitions in our ELF headers for Linux-specific note types like NT_LWPSTATUS, and I'd find it somewhat odd to add them without somehow putting them in a namespace in the header.

REVISION DETAIL
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D1428

To: emaste
Cc: rpaulo, freebsd-toolchain