Date:      Sat, 22 Feb 1997 22:41:56 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@blueberry.co.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Netscape static binaries - security hole?

Hi,

I'm working my way through my recently-upgraded-to-2.1.7 system, recompiling
all the static binaries, when I come across the Netscape browser, which
is (naturally) statically linked.

Does anyone know if this (and other binaries running under BSDI
compatability) are vulnerable to the setlocale() hole?

Cheers,

--+=[ Blueberry Hill                  Blueberry New Media                ]=+--
--+=[ http://www.blueberry.co.uk/     1/9 Chelsea Harbour Design Centre, ]=+--
--+=[ WebMaster@blueberry.co.uk       London, England, SW10 0XE          ]=+--
--+=[                  Nik's been retuned. Have you?                     ]ENTP