Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 2003 01:11:26 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   COMMENT conversion (Re: cvs commit: ports/Mk bsd.emacs.mk bsd.port.mk bsd.port.subdir.mk)

--R3G7APHDIzY6R/pk

On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 11:59:22PM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:

>   * pkg-comment removal, take 2: introduce the COMMENTFILE variable
>     with the same semantics as the current COMMENT variable (location
>     of the pkg-comment file), and reclaim COMMENT for the comment string
>     itself.  To work around the problems with metacharacters in comment
>     strings, comments are written to a temporary comment file as needed. [1]

Dear Ports Committers,

Please don't rush into a frenzy of conversion, in case there are any
other serious bugs we have not discovered during testing.  We'll have
to work out an orderly way to do this.

portlint has been updated to know about the new COMMENT variable and
where it should sit in the makefile, so remember to use this when/if
you convert any ports.

Kris

--R3G7APHDIzY6R/pk

--R3G7APHDIzY6R/pk--