Date:      Sat, 1 Apr 2006 21:15:34 +0200
From:      Pieter de Goeje <pieter@degoeje.nl>
To:        JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
Cc:        pyunyh@gmail.com, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new sk driver [was: nve timeout (and down) regression?]

On Tuesday 28 March 2006 20:37, you wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 March 2006 11:38, Pieter de Goeje wrote:
> > I can't really tell if the performance is impaired by mpsafenet=3D0,
> > because the box is mostly busy doing userland stuff. Typical traffic
> > looks like this:
> >

> > I'm going to test the new driver to see if I can disable mpsafenet. To =
be
> > specific on the NIC:
> >
> > skc0@pci0:10:0: class=3D0x020000 card=3D0x811a1043 chip=3D0x432011ab re=
v=3D0x13
> > hdr=3D0x00
> >     vendor   =3D 'Marvell Semiconductor (Was: Galileo Technology Ltd)'
> >     device   =3D '88E8001/8003/8010 Gigabit Ethernet Controller with
> > Integrated PHY (copper)'
> >     class    =3D network
> >     subclass =3D ethernet
>
> yes, this is the Asus A8V, same here
>
> may be you consider to try Pyun's driver
>
> =A0> > http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/sk/sk_test/if_sk.c
> =A0> > http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/sk/sk_test/if_skreg.h
>
> and run yours without mpsafenet ?
>
> I have no clue what a game server requires. I tried anything even generic
> kernel and no sysctls/loader.conf values set in order to see if something
> else is wrong. Also I have lots of this machines and any of them same
> result.
>

> Jo=E3o

I have the system running for 3 days straight now with the new driver, howe=
ver=20
the problem described earlier still exists. I still need to use mpsafenet=
=3D0.=20
Other than that, the driver seems fine. No timeouts whatsoever. I was=20
thinking, maybe it isn't the network driver but the linux compatibility lay=
er=20
that has problems with SMP.

Pieter de Goeje