Date:      Thu, 01 Apr 1999 17:13:11 -0800
From:      Nocturne <dpilgrim@uswest.net>
To:        Marty Poulin <mpoulin@rascal.honk.org>
Cc:        John Daniel <john@cell-works.com>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

Marty Poulin wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Apr 1999, John Daniel wrote:
> > I like to heer peoples opinions on GUI for freebsd. I'm installing XFree86
> > and I'm going to use KDE or Afterstep or something on top of it.  I use a
> > little afterstep on my current system ( a co-worker set it up) but I am
> > not so tied to it I can't try somehting new.
>
> The only two I have tried are FVWM2 and KDE - I *much* prefer KDE over
> FVWM2.  The main advantage is that KDE is an entire desktop environment,
> not just a window manager.  Plus with the desktop themes you can apply
> (http://kde.themes.org) the look and feel of the environment is easily
> changeable to suit your mood.
<Holy snips, Batman!>

You kids today with yer fancy KDE.  Back in my day we had Openlook and
we was thankful!  Now mind you I had to walk barefoot and butt-nekid
through 50 miles of .rc's to use it, but we was happy!  :-)

--
dpilgrim@uswest.net           /\  / __         Our lies are merely the
gryph@mindless.com           /  \/OC/URNE       truth of another world