Date:      Fri, 26 Jul 1996 07:17:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        Sergey Hlupnov <serge@vimcom.msk.ru>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does FreeBSD later 2.1R supports EISA Adaptek host adapters AHA2742, embedded AIC7770 ?

On Fri, 26 Jul 1996, Sergey Hlupnov wrote:

> Hello !
>
> After 2.1.5R was released i tryed to install it on HP Netserver LC with
> embedded AIC7770 host adapter. But Userconfig program has no EISA Adaptek cards
> in it's list. ( I've issue '-c' at boot prompt, then 'list' command. )

I tripped over that too for our AHA2842.  oddly enough, it still boots and
recognizes the SCSI card, so the code for the AIC7X70 is in there
somewhere.  I think that's because 2.1.5R has a real EISA probe, so it
doesn't need to be configured anymore.  All of this is good to know, but
doesn't tell you why it isn't working for you.