Date:      Fri, 19 Oct 2001 16:12:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      bruno schwander <bschwand@dvart.com>
To:        Pete McKenna <pmckenna@qwest.net>
Cc:        Daniel O'Connor <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fxtv and real-time mpeg capture (status)

thanks for the hint. I specify more parameters when encoding, maybe some
interfere or do not have the expected result.

I'll try what you did, and streaming from the fifos, maybe there is an
issue there.

I noticed something funny with my non-working mpeg4: videolan can play the
audio track, not the video... weird. Also, the output is an mpeg system
stream, not avi. Maybe that will make the difference...

bruno

PS: can you keep those files until I get to check this out, maybe I'll ask
you for them and parameters. could be useful. thanks.